They say you should do something that scares you everyday. Which is something I definitely don’t do. I fall into a routine of making plans for tomorrow and not today. Leaving things to be done for another time. Sometimes it can’t be helped, things have to be saved for another day. But there are certain things that can be done.
And so I made a list of 7 things that scare me that I want to do:
- Skydive/Bungee Jump – they fall into the same category (no pun intended). Both are falling from a high place. Skydiving looks amazing and the views look incredible. But I know I would be super anxious and panicked before jumping. I would probably cry and try to wuss out. I would be totally gutted if I did chicken out but I think the idea of being so worked up (and I found this out a few months ago) that I would be sick mid jump just totally freaks me out. I know it’s not the best thing to think about, but seriously this isn’t
As for bungee jumping, I hate being upside down. And I’m also not sure how you get down from bungee jumping. Like do they wait until you’ve stopped bouncing around? Because I would totally hate milling around mid air upside down waiting to stop bouncing. But at the same time maybe it could be fun.
- Travelling – I am so eager to see the world and all it has to offer. But at the same time it sort of scares me. Because I want to be in love with everywhere I go. I think what it stems down to is that I so want to see the world so bad, that I don’t want it to disappoint me. Which as the world is so big and there’s so much to see, I need to tell my brain to not overthink.
- Getting a tattoo – for as long as I can remember I have always wanted tattoos. I have grown up surrounded by family which have full sleeves/tattoos. I love art work and I always wanted one permanently on me. However as my 18th passed I could never make up my mind as to what I wanted. I’m quite a small person and so a large tattoo I don’t think would suit me. There are a few small designs I like, but I’m on the fence. I’m someone who likes meaning behind tattoos and there’s one design at the moment I really like, I just don’t know where I would place it. I am also super indecisive. But the design I have been thinking about for a few weeks now I really like.
- Having children (definitely to be saved for a later date!) – not only does this affect my body for over 9 months (which freaks me out as the thought of a person growing inside me just weirds me out). And it’s a huge decision because it effects the rest of my life. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to have children, but at the same time it weirds me out!
- Brazilian Wax – yup. I am a wuss. I genuinely got my brows waxed for the first time last summer because I was scared of the pain (which after getting it done is totally worth it) and it’s actually not too painful. But down there, it makes me cringe to think about. But it would be super beneficial when going on holiday, one less thing to worry about. Or in general really.
- Wearing Less Clothes – with warmer weather right around the corner this is something that will inevitably happen. Every year after winter I hate having my arms out. I try and hold on to long sleeved clothes for as long as possible. I’ve also never been a fan of my stomach. I’m naturally dark haired and so most of my body is covered in slightly dark hair (can’t believed I just admitted that). It’s always something I’m embarrassed about. Yet I know if I let it see the sun, the sun will make the hairs lighter. As much as I love crop tops and pretty summer clothes, my body hang ups 9 times out of 10 get the better of me.
- Buying High End Makeup/Spending Large Amounts Of Money In One Go – As a lover of makeup I am constantly surrounded by the latest releases and what others have been loving. Something I don’t dip my brush into is high end makeup. I have only tried 4 high end brands and only two I have loved. And I’m kind of skeptical about trying a £29 face powder or £24 liquid lipstick. Because I wouldn’t want to spend all that money to hate the product. But I also know that not every product works for everyone, just sucks to have to spend the money first! This also ties in with spending lots of money in one hit (which I class as anything over £70). It just gives me anxiety (which you can read about here) and I get nervous. I like to get my moneys worth and it sucks trying a new product only to dislike it. But I can’t have it all. Maybe one day I’ll make those high end purchases I see all over social media.
Basically this is just a list of things I don’t have the balls to do (yet). Maybe one day I’ll do some of these things and do an update. But for today they will remain things that I am putting off doing. Instead I put them out into the world, which is scary admitting things I’m scared to do.
Thank you all so much for reading! I hope you have enjoyed todays post, until next time!