Let’s Talk Insecurities: Boobs

Today’s post is something I haven’t done before here on my blog. Everyone has insecurities, whoever you ask there will be something they’d like to change. For me, one of my insecurities I’ve had since I was a teen is my boobs.

Boobs come in all shapes and sizes depending on your body type. I’m a petit person so I’ve always had boobs on the smaller side. When I was 15/16 I had it in my head that I would get a boob job as I had no boobs and I was so self conscious.  I would never wear low cut tops because I knew I didn’t have anything to really show.

I even looked into getting a boob job, how much it cost and the aftercare. However, it never came to fruition. Mainly because I had a lot going on around that time and it wasn’t a priority. Now in my early twenties my boobs are still something I can feel insecure about and with the rise of social media it can enhance my insecurity more.

Whilst my boobs have grown over the years, I still don’t like to wear a lot of low cut garments. Even though my boob size is something that without surgery I can’t control, I like their size (although I wouldn’t complain if they got a cup size or two bigger!). Over the last few months I have been embracing my body type more and not nit-picking over things I can’t control. My body is perfectly fine the way it is, just because social media shows enhanced bodies with big boobs and big bums doesn’t mean I need to compare myself to a body type I’ll never have.

Whilst my boobs have been one of my main insecurities over the years I have realised that actually I quite like them how they are. Yeah certain types of garments won’t fit because my boobs aren’t big enough to fill it out, but that’s okay. There are plenty more clothes out there that will fit. Boobs are boobs and each pair are different.

What is one of your insecurities and how have you overcome it?

x

Follow me: Instagram | Twitter YouTube

Disclosure: image is not mine, taken from Google.

10 thoughts on “Let’s Talk Insecurities: Boobs

1. Coffeeeandcream says:

I really like this post and agree with you, I have tiny boobs although I’m still only 15. I’m quite insecure about my nose personally but don’t think I would get surgery just because I think I need to learn to love the way I am:)

Liked by 1 person

2. emiliamarlowe says:

I’ve got much better about them but my biggest insecurity is my eyebrows, as they are both different shapes, and one is lower down than the other one, which makes it hard to feel good in the age of ‘perfect instagram brows’! I’ve found I’ve started to care a little less though as I’ve got older and worn less makeup, so I don’t mind as much anymore, but they do still bother me at times x

Liked by 1 person

• Hannah Amethyst says:

Thank you so much for sharing! Brows are so personal! My brows aren’t even either, I even them out as best I can when I fill my brows in! I get how you feel and sometimes insecurities get the better of us and sometimes they’re the last things on our minds!x

Liked by 1 person

3. alwayscleia says:

Girl I feel you on this! I have the opposite problem. I’m petite with a HUGE cup size. American brands don’t make bras that fit me because I have a tiny rib cage. My bra size is 30E and it’s a struggle to find bras for everyday and for workouts. I have only found one sports bra that gives me the support I need and it was shortly discontinued afterwards. I have to order everything from the UK so I can’t try on anything or return it 😭 I hate it!! I’ve looked into pricing on reductions but I’m not sure I’m willing to go under the knife over this. I just hope that more stores here start realizing that women come in more shapes and sizes than they sell in store 🙁

Liked by 1 person

• Hannah Amethyst says:

Who knew having boobs can be such a pain!? I hope stores start getting a better range of sizes! A YouTuber I follow Becca Rose had a boob reduction (her reasons different to yours) but they might help? I know what you mean by not wanting to pay money to change your appearance, it’s a lot to weigh up

Liked by 1 person

• alwayscleia says:

I hope so too! Honestly if stores stocked better designs and my real size I wouldn’t have this problem. I spent years feeling uncomfortable in bras that didn’t fit before realizing that the American size methods used by Victoria secret & other brands were completely wrong, they were just fitting me in sizes that they sold instead of my real size. Siiigh…

Liked by 1 person

4. Chanelle says:

Bigger boobs aren’t always a walk in the park, they can cause back problems and often if you’re smaller and have a larger chest bra shopping can be difficult. I have narrow shoulders and not exactly small boobs (they’re not the biggest either) but finding bras where the straps sit properly is difficult! I can sympathise with where you’re coming from but it sounds like you’ve learnt to embrace what you’ve got which is so good to hear!

Liked by 1 person

• Hannah Amethyst says:

Thank you, I definitely don’t feel as insecure as I used to. I guess I’ve just got used to the fact they’ll always be on the smaller side as I’ve gotten older! I find bra shopping so difficult as no two shops seem to have the same sizing so I’m one size in one shop and another in a different shop!

Liked by 1 person